Re: [Gm2] complex types

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] complex types
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:06:36 -0500

Hi Gaius,

On 14 Dec 2008, at 09:49, Gaius Mulley wrote:

Steve Giess <address@hidden> writes:

How is progress going on ComplexMath and LongComplexMath? I noticed
some of the files were present in the opt lib file-tree. Are you
lacking the gcc libraries for these?

Hi Steve,

I've not yet started implementing complex types - however they are
inside gcc and all backends - so I'm not expecting this to be overly
difficult.  My plan is to implement complex types and their ISO
libraries over the holiday season.

Having just looked at the list of complex library functions, which is going to be easier (or a more efficient use of time): writing them in Modula-2 (or perhaps C with an appropriate wrapper) or using the Fortran intrinsics (again with a wrapper which is probably less transparent than the C wrapper because of call-by-reference versus call-by-value)? The latter would undoubtedly require adding gfortran to the list of required languages for the gm2 build (just to get the libraries).

Michael