[Gm2] Re: O/S issues

From: john o goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Re: O/S issues
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:02:57 -0500

On 10-Dec-10, at 4:40 PM, address@hidden wrote:
[...]
Hi John,

I've spent some time investigating this on the ppc ps3 debian and in
conclusion I do see a similar problem with your length test (albeit
the first test succeeds and the second fails).  I suspect this is due
to an assumption in the Modula-2 gcc tree generation code which
assumes that sizeof(long)>=sizeof(char *).  Removing this assumption
is not too difficult (it should never have been made of course) - but
the changes will be sprinkled over 3,4 modules.

  So it is likely to introduce some instability while the code is
being changed.  On reflection I'm inclined to note this as work to do
after the release of 1.0.

I have no complaints about the schedule.  Enjoy the season.

john