Re: [Gm2] ARM EABI version

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] ARM EABI version
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 20:29:58 +0000

Norayr Chilingarian <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius,
>
> from time to time we talk here about Squeeze or Lenny, x86_64 or x86
> binaries and repositories.
> What if I ask to build an ARM EABI version?
> Or, I can try to build it myself, may be, on my device.
> I can try to build it as described at
> http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/building.html but I would like to do it in
> Debian way, and get a .deb package as a result, so it could be then
> added to the gm2 repository.
> Or even, commited to maemo-extras autobuilder.
>
> Sincerely,
> Norayr Chilingarian

Hi Norayr,

do you desire gm2 as a cross compiler or native compiler for ARM ?
You should be able to build gm2 on an ARM host fairly simply.

$ apt-get source gm2
$ cd gm2-1.0.2*
$ pdebuild --configfile ~/.pbuilderrc --buildsourceroot fakeroot \
  --pbuilderroot sudo --buildresult /usr/local/src/results

assuming that the pbuilder infrastructure has been set up:

   http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/creating_packages.html

creating a cross compiler will likely be more problematic.
This is on my to do list...