Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 application to package for Ubuntu?

From: Matthias Klose
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Modula-2 application to package for Ubuntu?
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 11:52:58 +0200

On 04.09.19 11:46, Gaius Mulley wrote:
Matthias Klose <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

is there any good Modula-2 application which could be packaged for
Debian/Ubuntu?  Just want to use one which I can use as some test case
for the gm2 packages.  Shouldn't have any dependencies on Modula-2
libraries, or at least not too many of them.

Thanks, Matthias

Hi Matthias,

sure - pge is an interesting example:

http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/debian/dists/stretch/

pge-3.0.0 is the latest.  PGE is a physics game engine which sits on top
of Python-Pygame.  It is useful in that it interfaces to swig and C++
and gm2 is used to produce shared libraries,

ok, I assume that would be only feasable when this is ported to Python3. At this stage I'd like to avoid uploading any new packages depending on Python2.

Matthias