Re: What is the equivalent of C's void type?

From: Hưng Hưng
Subject: Re: What is the equivalent of C's void type?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:05:52 +0700

Someone want me to write a binding for opengl. In gl we have a typedef GLvoid with void, so void should be considered as a data type. There is other headers, when function parameters were declared as void, e.g: int some_func(void x, ...); How could I deal with this?

https://github.com/Igalia/mesa/blob/master/include/GL/gl.h

Vào Th 4, 25 thg 3, 2020 vào lúc 11:08 Benjamin Kowarsch <address@hidden> đã viết:
C does not have a void type.

Void is a modifier keyword that is used in place of the return type in a function declaration to indicate that the function does not have a return type, that is to say it does not return any value, or in other words it is not actually a function but a procedure.

In Modula-2 procedures are declared like functions but simply omit the return type.

A C procedure declaration ...

void foobar ( baz bam );

becomes

PROCEDURE foobar ( bam : baz );