Re: Still more :)

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: Still more :)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 09:19:58 +0100

Dragiša Durić <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Gaius,
>
> Spot on:
>
> *
> But what should be two command equivalent? Libraries, other objects?
>
> Regards,
> Dragiša
>
> On Sat, 2020-05-09 at 12:45 +0100, Gaius Mulley wrote:
>
>     Dragiša Durić <address@hidden> writes:
>

>         Hello,
>

>         I have solved this vararg epic, but along the way one
>         interesting
>         situation happens:
>         *
>         Any suggestions?
>

>     Hi Dragiša,
>

>     many thanks for posting these bug reports - it would be
>     interesting to
>     see if the compiler gives misleading errors when using the -c
>     option.
>     It might be a gm2 link tool issue, possibly?
>

>     regards,
>     Gaius

Hello Dragiša,

yes it looks as if the objects are being treated as source files by a
linker component somewhere.  The final link command needs the source
filename of the main module (and paths to the sources -I etc), only C
objects file should be included as objectname.o on the command line link
(and libraries using -letc).

To see the module objects and where/how they are resolved you can use:

gm2 -c -fmodules mainmodulename.mod

for debugging a link command