linking re-implementation

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: linking re-implementation
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 15:21:36 +0100

Hello,

I thought I'd post a heads up that I'm re-implementing the linking mechanism
to allow three different ways to link an application:

  *  very low overhead, largely manual for embedded targets.
  *  easy of debugging, from the user perspective quite
     similar to the current system but a cleaner implementation.
     (compile time resolution of module dependencies)
  *  easy of deployment for larger memory targets
     (runtime dynamic resolution of module dependencies)

hopefully in a while there will be something different and interesting
to test