Re: latest changes on development branch (bool used to represent BOOLEAN

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: latest changes on development branch (bool used to represent BOOLEAN)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 21:20:54 +0000

john o goyo <jog37@riddermarkfarm.ca> writes:

> Greetings, Gaius.
>
> On 2023-03-16 12:09, Gaius Mulley wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> just to mention that a (possibly) significant user level change is that
>> the type BOOLEAN is now mapped onto C++ (or C) bool (previously it
>> mapped onto int)
>>
>> regards,
>> Gaius
>>

> The version of 2023-03-15 produced the following.
>
>                 === gm2 Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            11758
> # of unexpected failures        33
> # of unresolved testcases       7
>

> Five more unexpecte failures.
>
> Sincerely,
> john

Hello John,

many thanks for the testresults.  Very interesting - a few fixes went
into git yesterday (but I guessing less than five were fixed).  They are
all similar errors (BOOLEAN int mismatches) - I've a few fixed locally
which I'll push over the weekend (m2flex.def vs. m2.flex).  Also
interesting that sparc exposes these bugs better than other
architectures - very useful hardware