Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash, bsd, and pthread.h

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash, bsd, and pthread.h
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:03:51 -0700

Jim Garrison wrote:

/usr/pkg/pthreads/include/pthread.h - this is yet another pthread.h, last modified in 1996. Although it is not included as is, pthread.m4 actually adds this path to PTHREAD_CFLAGS. However, libbase/Makefile.am

I fixed all the NetBSD problems with pthreads, and a few other issues that have cropped in. It turns out that NetBSD (at least the Sourceforge machine) has both "Pth" (and older partial pthread implementation), as well as POSIX threads. Even worse, you can use the system header at all (/usr/include/pthread.h) as it wants to use Pth. I finally managed to force Gnash to use /usr/pkg/pthreads if it exists, and rearranged the include paths so as to only get this one version. What a pain in the neck...

So now Gnash builds again on OpenBSD, but on the NetBSD machine, I can't compiler anything that includes impl.h because it doesn't see the definition for the new "resource" class. As Gnash builds on other machines (ppc-linux, arm-linux, amd64-linux, OpenBSD, Fedora, Ubuntu) I think this is a compiler issue on this machine. My guess is it'd compile with a new GCC, but the Compile Farm machines seem to mostly unmaintained as far as upgrades go.

Anyway, I just checked in this fix, so you should now have better luck than before. I'd appreciate it if anyone with a more setup NetBSD machine can let me know if they can get anything in the server directory to compile...

  btw -- it's great seeing all this code cleanup happening.