Re: [Gnash-dev] slackware machine access ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] slackware machine access ?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:44:03 -0700

Cedric Roux wrote

For this kind of stuff, if you have a computer with
some hard-disk free space (let's say a few hundred MB),

Very interesting... Disk space I have plenty of. Last time I had checked, BOCHS was a pain to setup, but this was pretty easy.

With qemu, by creating several fake HD you can install
any OS/distribution you want. Very effective way to do stuff.

I also discovered the Free OSZoo, with qemu images for most unix based operating systems. So I grabbed an image of Slackware 10.2. It had all the libraries, so I just scp'd gnash over (I'd love to figure out out to NFS mount my regular files system), and it configured and built just fine. Gnash even ran! Course everything worked just fine, so I'm not sure how useful this will be in tracking down bugs on Slackware. :-)

I may setup a few other OSes this way, since I can get prebuilt images. The compile farm machines aren't barely maintained, which does make them good for testing. This may be another way to test on the various *BSD and GNU/*Linux machines that I can actually add packages to. I'm curious to try the AMD64 and PPC versions. I'd like to find a more complete ARM version too, the arm-test one doesn't support much.