[Gnash-dev] plugin update

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] plugin update
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:52:34 -0700

I just checked in changes that makes the plugin use Mozilla's NSPR API for mutexes, conditional variables, and threads, because they work better from within Firefox than using SDL. SDL was just getting to be one more layer on top of a mess of event loops and other things... Now the threads all cleanup after themselves correctly. There is still probably a little debugging to be done on thread synchronization, so I wouldn't start filing bug reports on it yet.

The player is enabled, and it plays movies, but I still get the triangle and square for some reason. Since nothing crashes, I figured why not leave it enabled. Maybe another set of eyeballs will see what happens to the image...

I also changed the debug logging system around. Now by default it doesn't produce the disk based debug log, which can get huge. To get the disk log, you have to use the "-w" option to the standalone player. "-v -v" will print all the TRACE messages to the terminal.

For the plugin, it writes the disk file by default, since it's handy to make sure the movie is playing correctly, even if it won't display. If launched from a menu or icon, it goes in your home directory, otherwise the current directory.