[Gnash-dev] GUI library status

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: [Gnash-dev] GUI library status
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 02:43:16 +0200

Hi,

This is a status update for the GUI (frontend) library which currently lives
in gui/ (but isn't yet enabled). Currently GTK and SDL frontends have been
implemented (with both OpenGL and Cairo backends) and are working nicely [1].
Keyboard events are not yet implemented in the SDL frontend. The port of
gnash.cpp is almost complete; only the -f commandline option and the XML
server listener aren't yet implemented.

When these remaining issues are fixed the GUI library should be functionally
equivalent to what we currently have in backend/gnash.cpp, and I'll be
looking to deprecate the backend/gnash.cpp in favour of the new one in gui/.

After that switch has been made, we can start thinking about nifty things such
as implementing FLTK and QT backends.

If you'd like to try the GUI library now, you'll require the patch attached to
this message.

--
Bastiaan

[1] The firefox plugin with SDL frontend doesn't work, and I'm not sure why.