[Gnash-dev] KDE support added to Gui library

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] KDE support added to Gui library
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:57:21 -0600

For those that like to live on the bleeding edge, I just checked in KDE
support to the GUI library under development. This will be for the
Konqueror plugin, or for people that prefer KDE.

One nice benefit of the gnash and klash executables that get built in
gnash/gui/ is these are event driven, instead of having a big polling
loop. This is a performance benefit, my testing shows the CPU load is
about one half to one third what it used to be with these versions. It
also makes them behave more like a normal desktop application.

Now the movie gets advanced for both the GTK and KDE versions using a
timer. These don't get built by default, so for now you'll need to use
CVS, and cd into the gui directory. Once these are a little further
along in development they'll become the primary executables for Gnash.