Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] goodbye backend/ welcome gui/ ?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 02:32:42 +0200

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 10:58:32AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> strk wrote:
>
> > BTW: I noticed that elvis.swf plays too fast, and not smooth
>
>  You might want to try adjusting the timer value. You can set this
> either in the new config file, (~/.gnashrc) or try the "-d [num]" option.

Found the problem (and fixed).
gui/gnash.cpp was using 300/fps to set default delay.
I changed it to 1000/fps (delay is in milliseconds, so this
is the correct interpretation of the Frames Per Second SWF header).

What I haven't checked is how this "delay" is handled by
Gui class. I presume it's just the delay between callback calls, which
is probably not right as a single frame execution might take longer
then 1/fps seconds to execute, in which case there should be
no delay (this needs a specific test to verify)