Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: about perfomance

From: Yuriy Zhuravlev
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: about perfomance
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:03:14 +0400

 -O2 optimization std::* tools very fast(templates...). Need test on Linux and curent gcc version(gcc-4.1.1)

2006/7/25, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden >:
Guys, Vitaly did some performance tests for tulrich containers
vs. standard ones. I'm happy to see that for most cases the
standard containers are faster, so we can safely switch to
std::string, for example, instead of tu_string (we'd need
a variation for tu_stringi - case insensitive comparison).

The only case in which tulrich's seems better is std::vector
vs. tulrich's array. We decided with Vitaly to check uses
case by case and optimize use of std::vector and also make
sure that's the correct container to use.

In any case, only using standard containers seems a good
solution to me.

Profiling results follow. Comments welcome.

--strk;