[Gnash-dev] Gstreamer install tip (was: libtool and dependencies polluti

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer install tip (was: libtool and dependencies pollution)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:53:34 +0200

It seems that two glib-2.0 installation are not really able
to live togheter on the same host, so I took another path.

I think it's worth mentioning here so other people willing
to stick to debian stable don't have to suffer the pain I did :)

gstreamer-0.10.4 is known to work fine with glib-2.0 version 2.6.
I haven't tested 0.10.5 but chances are it will work too
(if anybody does please report).

Debian stable comes with glib version 2.6.
Later gstreamer releases will require 2.8 and that's hell.

--strk;