[Gnash-dev] script to activate port

From: Jan Kremlacek
Subject: [Gnash-dev] script to activate port
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:27:25 +0200

Hello,

I am electrophysiologist working in vision. One of the major issues in all our experiments is stimuli design. Just now I am looking for a suitable design tool to make animations and sychronise by them external device for recording electroencefalographic activity. The flash seems to be quite OK with the design, but there is restriction. It has not any possibility how to activates local ports - to send a trigger (when something happen on the screen).

I hope that the Gnash can do it for me - I mean, that I could write a handle (in Gnash) for a custom function(in flash script), which will be interpreted by the Gnash and send a command to LPT. Important is also speed - I should be able to make synchronized within a frame (Fh>=60Hz).

Because I am not so skilled in the this field I would like to ask you for comments and opinions. Can it be possible?

Thank you in advance
JAn