Re: [Gnash-dev] Porting gnash to Thin Client

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Porting gnash to Thin Client
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:50:12 -0600

shamju joseph wrote:
> I want to port gnash to a thin client system, which
> has Fusiv-Blackfin based board and Linux (no X). Can
> someone please suggest some solutions and relevant
> reference sites so that I can start in the right
> direction.

  You might be able to run the SDL/OpenGL version without X11, although
this probably wouldn't work out of the box. There are people working on
the Cairo and a DirectFB backend for Gnash so that X11 isn't needed, but
that work isn't done yet. If you're willing to help with that end of the
porting of Gnash, I'll connect you with the folks working on this, and
together maybe it'll get done sooner. Needless to say, this is a feature
we really want for gnash, it's just not done yet.

  For a dumb question, a thin client that doesn't run X11 ?