Re: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:34:55 +0200

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 09:53:08AM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> - I'd like to rewrite the font part, too (let the renderer decide if
>   and how it really wants to use bitmap caches)

See bug https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=17385.

I'm looking at it and I think this is related to what you're talking about.
Basically the create_movie() function calls
movie_definition::generate_font_bitmaps which in turn calls
fontlib::generate_font_bitmaps for all registered fonts.

The problem is that since parsing is done in a separate thread, the
number of "currently" registered fonts depends on how fast is the

Now, I think this is a blocking bug for 0.7.2 release and must be
fixed ASAP. If you have any idea already about how to handle this
situation (which sounds very similar to the bitmap_info case) please
give it some time as this is likely to be one case in which refactoring
of current code goes in parallel with the new AGG backend.