Re: [Gnash-dev] Release shortlist

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Release shortlist
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:38:21 -0600

Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

> Now that reading from stdin and on-the-fly loading in the plugin are
> committed, we're getting close to being feature complete. Here's a list
> of things we want to finish before the next release:

  I think the other big feature/issue is whether we should wait to
integrate the framebuffer backend, or whether it's best we wait on that
till after the release. My gut feeling is that can probably wait till
after the release to be integrated, as there is a large pile of other
improvements that'll be in this release.

> - fix font anti-aliasing;
> - implement new SDL-based sound backend;

  Yep, we need sound to work before the next release.

> - warning-free builds;
> - involve more tests in `make check'.

  This is an ongoing task... I was playing with Gnome Dogtail, but now
I'm not so sure it'll be that useful for Gnash GUI testing.