[Gnash-dev] Re: Text quality

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Text quality
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:45:51 -0600

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> They could both be based on the AGG backend (no hardware acceleration
> except for blitting, though).

  I'm not really that concerned about either the D3D or the Xbox backends.

> Probably it's only advantage will be the OpenGL integration, but Cairo
> does not do anti-aliasing.

  If AGG supported an OpenGL driver, then that could work instead of
using Cairo. I'm not really sure if we'd use OpenGL if the 2D backend is
the same level of quality without needing hardware acceleration.

> AGG is completely based on include files (since it heavily uses
> templates). Can't it be distributed along with Gnash in one package?

  The AGG 2.4 release has a library, and so do the binary packages for
Fedora and Ubuntu, so it's not all header files.