Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Boost-linkage

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Boost-linkage
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:53:53 -0600

strk wrote:

> I just see this as a management thing, if we don't intend to maintain
> a public API or a versioning scheme for binary compatibility let's just
> NOT install the 'helper' libraries...

  Not that anybody seems to notice the libraries, but I can agree to
this idea. I don't think we want to offer a public API, but on Debian,
it is considered a development package, and there is a special option to
install all the Gnash headers. Scary but true...

  Someday though it is possible folks might want to use Gnash as a Flash
rendering library, at least for GPL'd programs.