Re: [Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI

From: Hannes Mayr
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:43:31 +0200

strk wrote:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:03:36PM +0200, Hannes Mayr wrote:

The GTK-AGG GUI so far works perfectly. Except that the window resizing acts strange, but this is a known issue, isn't it?

I think I fixed this in current CVS, but you need to tell me more
about the 'strangeness'.

What I mean is that if you increase the size of the window the flash movie gets smaller and smaller instead of greater. However at the moment resizing cannot work, it would be necessary to increase the rendering buffer too and not just the scale factor of the movie.

As mentioned I had to modify a bit the code in gtk.cpp. There is a GtkGui::init and a GtkGui::createWindow function. Basically the whole initialization is done in GtkGui::init, also the window creation. The problem with this is, that init is called before the swf movie is read, so the movie size is unknown during the window and renderer creation in init(). As AGG needs to know width/height I moved all the code for the creation of the window and the renderer to the createWindow() function. What I've seen there should be no problem, but is there a reason why this code was put into init() and could it break something if we move it from there?

IIRC some renderers needed the window to exist before they could be
created. I think cairo is one of these.

The window and the renderer are created in the same function, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I suggest you just commit your changes and we all check what breaks.
Martin's setup seems an excellent resource here :)

Yep, I would like to, but the savannah mail server didn't want to send me a confirmation mail for my registration this morning :-)

Hannes