[Gnash-dev] Re: make check

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: make check
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:15:01 -0600

strk wrote:

> mmm, I've seen that tests are build on 'make all', we want them
> to only be built by 'make check' instead, right ?
> Was there any problem with that ?

  I see you fixed this, but yes, the test cases shouldn't be built
unless you're executing the check target.

> The other issue was to have 'make check' continue even when tests
> in a subdir fails. I worked around this by having 'actionscript.all'
> be executed last as it is known to contain failures, but... is there
> a cleaner way ?

  The traditional way folks do regression testing is to not have the
test run stop when there is a FAILure, it just gets logged. When trying
to reproduce a specific bug, often the test case(s) in just that
directory are run. So my question is... what are your trying to
accomplish exactly ?

  I think what you're saying is you want to see a FAILure right away,
and not run all the other test cases by default ? Or just that after
running all the test cases, you want to know what the FAILures were ? I
can probably make things work however you want to, testing wise, once I
know what that is. :-)

  If it'll help, I'll bring back to life a script I wrote for GCC/GDB
testing that analyzes the result files. We had to do this once we got a
few hundred thousand test cases because the results were so large you
couldn't find problems anymore.