[Gnash-dev] Re: AGG backend now supporting all fill styles

From: Deanna Phillips
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: AGG backend now supporting all fill styles
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:45:10 +0000

Udo Giacomozzi writes:

>>>   http://stream.shockwave.com/afassets/ninjai2/nj_chapterninjai12_bb.swf
>
> DP> This tries to load and stops at 3% with the error:
>
> DP> assertion "dynamic_cast<button_character_definition*> (chdef)"
> DP> failed: file "swf/tag_loaders.cpp", line 1297, function
> DP> "button_sound_loader"
>
> When playing over network? Did you try to download the file first?

Yes, that failure was from over the network, in the plugin.
Just downloaded it, it's fantastic :)

Same issues as described earlier, though.  I don't know
graphics-speak but it's kind of an infrequently updated second
movie on the right side of the actual movie.  Like in the
pictures I posted.

> DP> Also, I see very few colors, some artifacts and weird wrapping
>
> Seems like the wrong pixelformat is used (again). What is your video
> mode (bits per pixel)? Also, can you tell the format (RGB, BGR, ...).
> Don't ask me how to find that out.. ;)

This is shown in verbose mode, someone added it last week to
help me troubleshoot a crash.  So it is:

12:33:27: GTK-AGG: Create renderer with pixelformat RGBA16
12:33:27: framebuffer pixel format is RGBA16

My X session is at 16 bpp.

Hope this helps, thanks!