Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:50:29 +0100

Hello strk,

Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 11:41:44 AM, you wrote:
>> function tick() {
>>         var ball=this;

s> NOTE: this produces a call to ActionDefineLocal (0x3c) which
s> is told to create a 'local' variable.

Yes, that was the intention. "ball" was the instance name of the MC
this code is /now/ defined in. I moved it into the MC so that you can
add any number of independent balls on the stage and added that line
to avoid renaming all variable references.

>>         ball.bounced();

s> NOTE: last statement references a variable which is "local" to
s>       another function.

Yes, and the function does not even exist. It flashed the ball in an
earlier version, but has been removed.

>> Maybe because I'm nasty and do not declare dix_x and friends as
>> variables?

s> Try having ball.bounced() trace something, and see if it is printed
s> on bounce.

Did that, and rewrote the code, too. New version attached (just 1kb).
Please check it out.

Udo