Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gui wants redraw

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gui wants redraw
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:27:11 -0700

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> s> May I suggest all bugfixing happen in the 0.7.2 branch
> s> for consistency ? (we'll forw-port later)
>
> OS newbe question: Is this the normal way to go? I thought a release
> branch gets mostly patches that have been proven?

  Usually that's the process, but it's also very common to squeeze in
bug fixes from HEAD into the branch. We actually have a huge bug list,
and can't fix *everything* before the alpha release anyway.

  What we do want is that the release branch doesn't core dump, and that
it "mostly works". Minor bugs will be fixed in CVS. As strk already
mentioned, our first response to anyone about the release will be "did
you also try CVS HEAD" ?

  But yes, at this point we probably need to try to not do development
in the release branch, just critical fixes.