Re: [Gnash-dev] Memory allocation model?

From: Michael Meier
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Memory allocation model?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:08:29 +0100

> My fault, it was in 'doc', not in 'doc/C'.
> Also, you need to give ./configure --enable-docbook

Strange, I can't ./configure with --enable-docbook:

ERROR: No DocBook2X tools installed! docbook, docbook-xml, docbook2Xm
docbook-utils, docbook-xsl (using apt-get or yum).

even though I installed all the mentioned packages via apt-get.

>>? Isn't myobj deleted? The initial ref-count is 0. Then it is
>>incremented in do_something in order to the creation of a intrusive_ptr
>>instance. Then the gets out of scope, the ref-count is decremted, so
>>it's 0 again. Because it reaches zero, obj will be deleted. So void
>

> Exactly.
>

>>dangerous is dangerous because it calls a method of myobj which got the
>>deleted. (the instance, at least) I'm confused :)
>

> Dangerous is dangerous because it doesn't wrap the pointer it creates
> into a "smart" pointer for management.
> If that function stored the return of 'new' into an intrusive_ptr
> the object would not be deleted.

Thank you very much!

I implemented all the missing string methods and also added some tests
in testsuite/actionscript.all/String.as. I'll soon post a patch on savannah.
Hope it's not that bad :D

cheers,
Michael