[Gnash-dev] Re: video in gnash

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: video in gnash
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:29:49 +0100 (CET)

--- Compn <address@hidden> skrev:

> > Since we already use libavcodec for video, we might as well use the
> > img_convert() function which can convert YUV to RGB (and other formats).

> if you plan to use ffmpeg's yuy > rgb or other colorspace converters
> please use libswscale instead of img_convert. img_* is depreciated now.
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-November/048642.html

Thanks for the tip! The nice thing about it seems to be is that it includes
assembler optimized code for x86 (mmx) and ppc (altivec), so it could help to
bring down the time used on the conversion. For how long has swscale been in
ffmpeg? Will users of old ffmpeg snapshots start complaning?

cheers,

Tomas

Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notesblok. http://dk.mail.yahoo.com