[Gnash-dev] Click hotspots not in right place

From: Grahame White
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Click hotspots not in right place
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 01:36:12 +0000

I was trying out the eyemaze[0] flash games to see what was and what wasn't
working when I noticed that on the front page of the site the menu item's
click area is offset to the left somewhat

I'm using the latest cvs version of the gnash plugin with iceweasel 2.0
(from Debian unstable)

A few other issues I noticed include:

- Clicking on the cube game brings the cube game area and the music plays
fine but the "playing pieces" located around the edge of the game area
don't show up, they just continue to say loading.

- From the main screen again clicking on the RPG game link brings up the
RPG game area, this time the "playing pieces" are loaded and the music
starts playing which is great. However when the pieces are dragged onto
the game area, as instructed, they don't trigger the correct action and
just block any further actions taking place.

- Clicking on Ver3 of the Grow game just brings up an error saying
incorrect version of flash installed. (reminds me of sites that strictly
define what browsers are allowed to view them)

- Tontie Ver0[1] starts of quite promisingly bringing up a clickthrough
intro screen which can be passed, however gnash doesn't seem to handle
keyboard input just yet so things can't proceed any further.

- The paper, rock, scissors game on the main page doesn't respond to
clicks.

I'm sure there's much more that I haven't played with and I'm sure most of
these can't have anything done about them at this stage of developement.
Still sometimes it's nice to have something to play with during testing :)

Grahame

[0] http://www.eyezmaze.com/
[1] http://www.eyezmaze.com/tontie/v0/index.html