Re: [Gnash-dev] Cairo backend cleanup

From: Thomas Coppi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Cairo backend cleanup
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:08:10 -0700

On 12/8/06, Timothy Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear all,

I've done some cleanup on the Cairo backend.  The 1st patch fixes
configure.ac to detect the Cairo library when the Cairo backend is
enabled (and also when GTK GUI is being used).

The 2nd patch makes the following changes to the Cairo backend:

    * Removes Xlib-specifiic header and test code.
    * Fixes viewport clipping problem.
    * Removes offscreen buffer and renders directly through Cairo.  This
      opens the possibility of using OpenGL/Glitz acceleration in Cairo
      by calling set_handle() with different types of handles.
    * An added benefit of this change is that the bitmap created by the
      SDL glue now becomes the direct target of Cairo's rendering,
      without the redundant offscreen buffer in-between.

The 3rd patch modifies the GTK glue to work with the updated backend:

    * The GTK glue now manages an offscreen bitmap for the backend to
      render on.
    * Window resizes now causes the offscreen bitmap to be resized as well.

Regards,
Timothy