Re: [Gnash-dev] Question about Elvis legal status

From: ann
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Question about Elvis legal status
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:18:24 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Martin Guy wrote:

>I gather a specific sound recording is 50 years, while the IP on the
>*song* is 90.
>In fact Paul McCartney is lobbying at the moment to get specific
>recording rights extended so as to maximise the number of private jets
>he can afford in his old age.

Right, that's in the UK (and Europe), and it looks like they may have
failed :).  But in the US, it's already more than 50 years (or so I gathered
from the articles in the British press about the issue, I'm certainly
no expert on the matter).

I just thought it might be a cause for concern, and if we're not completely
sure about it, it should be possible to find or create an alternative with
a known license which fills whatever niche this movie is testing.