[Gnash-dev] Suggestion -- frame/image stream extraction

From: Chris Lee
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Suggestion -- frame/image stream extraction
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:43:22 -0000

Hi --

A colleague of mine asked whether I would be able to extract the frames
from a .swf screencast I recently made, so he could do some processing
on the frames.  It looks like this is not currently easy to do using
free software (at least I couldn't figure-out how to do this).  I saw
that gnash plays my screencast nicely, but that it does not have options
for writing to image files or a video stream.  I looked quickly through
the source code and it seems like it might not be difficult to do this
(for someone familiar with the code base).  Is this impression true?

I wonder if anyone is interested in writing an option to gnash or a
separate program based on the gnash codebase to output frames, or an
output stream for use for generic transcoders (e.g., mjpegtools or
something)?

 -Chris

--
Chris Lee <address@hidden>
Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories