Re: [Gnash-dev] Compatible libagg now in Fedora Core 6 updates

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Compatible libagg now in Fedora Core 6 updates
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:43:53 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 08:31:42PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 08:13:37PM +0100, strk wrote:
> >
> > Eh... sounds easy, but unfortunately there are multiple versions
> > tagged as 2.4, and IIRC also the 2.5 "official" package keeps changing.
> > This is unless AGG author made his mind around the versioning scheme,
> > finally...
>
> That's upstream problem. In fedora the release field may be used to
> show that the version changed. But the upstream version is kept in the
> version field.

Yes, of course it's upstream. But I would expect packagers to detect
similar problems and do something about them. (like refusing to
package unless the upstream maintainer provides correct versioning?).

Do you see other options ?
How could Gnash (or whichever other package using AGG) detect
availability of a specific feature otherwise ?

Actually, as I write this mail a voice in my head tells me
gnash is not actually checking version but grepping in headers,
can you confirm Gnash would build with AGG renderer ("2.4" on fedora core?).