[Gnash-dev] KDE-3.5.6 crash due to firefox and gnash

From: James Lockie
Subject: [Gnash-dev] KDE-3.5.6 crash due to firefox and gnash
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:16:21 -0500

KDE-3.5.6/X crashes/restarts because of the gnash plugin and firefox on an AMD64.

The version of gnash is:

$ gnash --version
Gnash cvs-20070127
Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Gnash comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of Gnash under the terms of the GNU General
Public License.  For more information, see the file named COPYING.
Build options cvs-20070127
  Target:
  Renderer: opengl   GUI: gtk   Sound handler: sdl   Decoder: ffmpeg

The version of firefox is:
$ /usr/local/firefox/firefox -v
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2006 mozilla.org

I seem to be able to reproduce the crash by going to http://www.tsn.ca and clicking "nhl" on the left.
I don't know if that will work after I restart my computer. :-(
I have finally traced the random crashes down to firefox and gnash.
The browser works without gnash.

I have no clue how to debug but I can recompile the browser and/or gnash with a little help to add debugging.

It'll be much easier if someone can reproduce the crash.  :-)