Re: [Gnash-dev] Internationalization

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Internationalization
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 04:07:15 -0700

>   I guess the main issue is when would translators know a string message
> has changed ? I guess it's possible if they read the gnash-commit list.

Translators tend to work in a cycle asynchronous to the hackers.  When
they get a spare afternoon, they poke at a particular project of
interest to them, translating any new messages that have occurred
since the last person did that (or adding a new language to those
supported by the project, and translating all the messages into that
language).

Though they normally work this way, they can occasionally be chivvied
along by a release manager, to encourage the major languages of interest
to the user population to be fixed-up in the weeks before a release.

I suggest *not* doing any of that chivvying for the upcoming release.

        John