Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure problems with C++ preprocessor hash_map and

From: Matt Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure problems with C++ preprocessor hash_map and boost lightweight_mutex
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:41:36 -0400

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 02:26:35PM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:
>   You  need to use the current CVS version; a lot has changed, and that's

Thanks to a tip from Tomas Groth I was already on the CVS version.

> You'll find a list of stuff you need to install before compiling it in the
> Gnash manual under gnu.org/software/gnash -> Documentation

Ahh!  Okay thanks, looking there I found that I needed some packages.
Before that however there was a slight naming problem.  You helpfully
list package names for apt-get and yum, but I wasn't seeing them on my
Ubuntu system:

gtkglext-dev pango-dev atk-dev cairo-dev boost-dev glib-dev streamer-dev
ffmpeg-dev were all "E: Couldn't find package:"

For my system it looks like

gtkglext-dev => libgtkglext1-dev
pango-dev => libpango1.0-dev
atk-dev => libatk1.0-dev
cairo-dev => libcairo2-dev
boost-dev => libboost-dev
glib-dev => libglib1.2-dev
streamer-dev => libgstreamer0.10-dev
ffmpeg-dev => ??? - libavformat-dev maybe?

I did end up installing:
libglib1.2-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev firefox-dev libagg-dev libjpeg62-dev
libmad0-dev libnspr-dev libnss-dev libogg-dev libsdl1.2-dev libxml2-dev

With those installed I still got the same error.
address@hidden:~/src/gnash$ autoconf
configure.ac:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:48: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.ac:54: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.ac:55: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
configure.ac:58: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
configure.ac:60: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
configure.ac:317: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_COMPILER_LIB
configure.ac:585: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PATH_MING
configure.ac:602: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PATH_MTASC
configure.ac:814: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
configure.ac:816: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_LIBLTDL_INSTALLABLE
configure.ac:818: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

Also just to check the sanity of my environment I thought I'd try
another project.  I checked out the cvs version of OpenSSH, used
autoconf, and ran ./configure && make with out any real problems.

Any thoughts?
-matt