Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Building in security

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Building in security
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 10:48:12 +0100

What *real* security risk is there when a
Flash movie loads data from wherever it likes?

Assuming you've read http://gnash.lulu.com/wiki/index.php/Security
try googling: flash cross domain exploit

You can't certainly block the movie's domain as this will break lots of movies
Sure.

Is there really a URL/domain that I should generally add to my blacklist?
Making everyone collect bad domains one by one and edit them into a
config file is hopeless as a production solution.
We can just follow adobe's algorithm for a first hack - at least that
will solve the problems that the community has alerted them to.
Ultimately it would be good for someone to study the issues involved
more deeply and devise a less clunky solution, at least at the level
of user interface/interaction.