Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube profiling

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube profiling
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 12:49:00 +0200

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 12:05:19PM +0200, strk wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 11:36:42AM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
>
> > s> I just see that render_scanlines_aa (or drawVideoFrame) is only called
> > s> 375 times, over 464 total calls to ::advance (now noticing).
> >
> > Try to see if area around the video gets updated in each frame (red
> > rectangle debugging).
>
> Most of the time the rectangle is not visible (world bounds?).
> Occasionally two rectangles wrap the time info and the slider.
> So *some* frames are skipped, it seems..

I'm cleaning up the NetStream classes and reducing some frames updates
there. By doing so I see that everytime invalidated bounds show the
red rectangles around the time info and the slider I also get a black
image. Looks like the renderer is drawing outside of the invalidated
bounds when dealing with video. Is this possible ?