Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] youtube profiling

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] youtube profiling
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 17:43:35 +0200

Hello strk,

Friday, May 4, 2007, 3:23:54 PM, you wrote:
s> As a general improvement, we might should implement skipping rendering when
we're
s> late with reguard to the requested FPS. In this cases, FPS being 25 we
should skip
s> rendering if time elapsed since last call is > 1/25 seconds

I believe the video is always in realtime, even if rendering is
slower. Note the SWF framerate is slower than the video frame rate.

s> This would be a catch-all thing, possibly driving us to never render
anything if
s> the machine is too slow to catch up with the requested FPS, so maybe it's
not a good
s> idea. What do you think ?

Indeed, I wouldn't go this way. Video playback and SWF playback are
more or less asynchroneous. Also, remember the MM player actually
multiplies the SWF frame rate when the video has a higher frame rate.
We discussed this a while back, related to button events. However, I
don't see this as a requirement for this release.

Udo