[Gnash-dev] CVS date in .so file names

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] CVS date in .so file names
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 18:11:38 +0200

I noticed that to some .so files the current date is appended, like
"libgnashamf-cvs20070504.so"

There is a symbolic link like

  libgnashamf.so -> libgnashamf-cvs20070504.so

but the executable is linked against the full file name:

  ./gnash: error while loading shared libraries: libgnashamf-cvs20070504.so:

What's the reason for appending the cvsXXXX string?

This makes things complicated for me because I used to copy (via
automated script) all required binary files to my embedded devices but
now I have to take care of the file name.

At least, can the executable be linked to the symbolic file name?

Udo