Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 16:40:22 +0100

I guess there is NO good abstract description about how it works.

That is where you must start. How about the protocol that is spoken
between two software layers inside gnash? At some point there must be
an interface whose calls encode the sequence of visible and audible
object motion.

The proprietary player doesn't indeed have any timeline control, any
timeline control is implemented by the SWF application itself.

In that case maybe neither should we, and dump the advance/retreat control.
It's a bit like asking for a rewindable computer game... unless
someone can figure out what it means to rewind a flash movie.
For deterministic, non-interactive animations I understand the
concept, but not in general.