Re: [Gnash-dev] opengl->agg?

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] opengl->agg?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 22:10:48 +0200

Indeed, albeit I'd 1) need more time over 2) rewrite major parts

//Markus

On 8 May 2007, at 15:41, Rob Savoye wrote:

strk wrote:

Do we have numbers supporting this boost ?

  Sigh... not recent ones with proprietary drivers, cause. I like AGG,
but this AGG love-fest doesn't accomplish anything for the average user.
If we do become the default Flash plugin for the next Ubuntu release
(highly likely at this point), that defaults to OpenGL, so we should use
it for the best performance. I have *never* seen AGG perform to the same
level as OpenGL with the proprietary drivers.

  If anyone can prove that AGG is faster than accelerated OpenGL, then
AGG can be the default.

Have you ever seen the DrawingApiTest.swf with OpenGL (to talk about quality and implemented features...)

  We need to fix OpenGL, and stop ignoring it like a crippled thing just
cause we all refuse to install proprietary drivers. We have to think
beyond ourselves here.