Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Performance drop

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Performance drop
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:05:06 +0200

Hello Eric,

Tuesday, May 29, 2007, 7:38:23 PM, you wrote:
EH> I haven't delved at all into it in any depth, but when I looked at the
EH> matrix code last month I did notice one thing I was going to recommend:
EH> storing both canonical matrix parameters and the matrix itself and
EH> computing the matrix only when necessary.  In other words, treating the
EH> matrix values as a cache.  When matrix canonical values are assigned, all
EH> the trigonometric function are recomputed, which is going to be the most
EH> expensive operation of the lot.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you show me the relevant code?

Anyway, this is a whole different story as we need to understand where
performance dropped lately. When we can improve other parts of Gnash,
even better. But we can't compensate a bottleneck by improving other
parts of Gnash. I assume some unnecessary bottleneck, of course.

Udo