Re: [Gnash-dev] Sound problem with 0.8.0 version.

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Sound problem with 0.8.0 version.
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:14:10 +0200

Rob Savoye wrote:
annonygmouse wrote:

It also happens at HEAD, since two or three days ago but hadn't
mentioned it because I thought it was some development on this area
going on and the thing wasn't yet stabilized.

 There are very likely a few issues on 64bit systems still, which you
appear to have found. I don't see any of these problems on my AMD64
machine (Ubuntu Edgy), so until we can reproduce them, it's a bit hard
to fix. Often the problems are issues with the underlying packages Gnash
depends on.

        - rob -

I don't quite agree. I've tried compiling with --enable-media=GST and
it shows the same behaviour, it seems it's something internal to
gnash.

The get_sound_handler function is guilty of this behaviour, but I
don't have the skills neither more time to track it further.
If next week I find some time I'll dig it down.

Anyway, before this I have never been able to play youtube
videos with mozilla. I suppose it's another small issue.

I'm using debian unstable (updated nearly daily).

If you want me to test anything further, just say it :).

Kind regards
SebastiĆ