Re: [Gnash-dev] Garbage collector

From: Eric Hughes
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Garbage collector
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:43:12 -0600

At 03:54 PM 6/15/2007, strk wrote:
Our l-values are just strings, and r-values are as_values (possibly objects, in
which case they are ref-counted).

That's not quite right, is it? Isn't an l-value the combination of a string and some corresponding entry in a PropertyList? (I just peeked at as_object.h.)

It seems that fundamental is changing the codomain parameter for map (i.e. the return type of map.find) to a reference type that could hold both strong and weak references. Certainly there's lots of other work after that, but does that sound right?

Eric