[Gnash-dev] broken omf/xml settings

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: [Gnash-dev] broken omf/xml settings
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:17:57 +0200

Hello,

When running scrollkeeper (during a rpm install), I get things like:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/usr/share/gnash/doc/gnash/C/usermanual/doc_authors.xml"
/usr/share/gnash/doc/gnash/C/gnash.xml:60: parser error : Failure to
process entity writers
  &writers;
           ^
/usr/share/gnash/doc/gnash/C/gnash.xml:60: parser error : Entity
'writers' not defined

and many others. gnash.xml is installed in
/usr/share/gnash/doc/gnash/C/gnash.xml
My guess is that it is because doc_authors.xml is also installed in the
main doc directory, in
/usr/share/gnash/doc/gnash/C/doc_authors.xml
and therefore the relative file path is wrong:
    <!ENTITY writers         SYSTEM "usermanual/doc_authors.xml">

The installation is done in doc/C/xmldocs.make
        for file in $(xml_files); do \
          cp $(srcdir)/$$file $(DESTDIR)$(docdir); \
        done
with usermanual/doc_authors.xml in xml_files.

There are more than one way to solve that issue. Maybe the simplest
way would be to add a Makefile.am in the subdirectory and install
in $(docdir)/$(subdir) the xml files?

It is on 0.8.0 but head seems to be the same.

--
Pat