[Gnash-dev] Re: Input support for gnash

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Input support for gnash
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:31:34 +0200

Hello Prathap,

first of all, can you *please* stop flooding the mailing list and my
mail account? Since you managed to fix some of your problems yourself,
please *try* to find a solution to your problems before posting
anything. Google is your friend..

PK> I could run swf files on my pxa255 board.
PK> I am facing a problem.
PK> I am getting the shell cursor at a corner of the display.And if i force quit
PK> the gnash application, the messages are getting printed over the displayed
PK> file.Then i have to clear the screen by giving command on shell.

That is normal if you use the virtual terminal of the frame buffer
device. To stop that you'll have to disable kernel message printing
and pipe gnash (and whatever else's output) to /dev/null:

  gnash yourfile.swf >/dev/null 2>&1

Another solution would be to log in via Ethernet, which will prevent
Gnash from writing messages to the frame buffer device.

As for the cursor, there is an ANSI sequence that disables the cursor.
You can use the standard "echo" shell command to send the sequence to
the terminal. Dunno the right sequence at the moment, but it should be
easy to find with Google.

PK> Is it posible to give gnash a keyboard support?

Yes, is possible and is planned. However, I'm much too busy with other
stuff so I can't help you there. But of course you're free to
implement this yourself and send us your patches.

PK> Wheather gnash can be used with QT(Qt has keyboard support) so
PK> that Qt can play swf files?

No need for QT or any other toolkit when you use the framebuffer GUI.
I'm sure there is a simple keyboard API in Linux (/dev/events ?) so
the kernel most probably provides everything we need out of the box.

PK> So without pointer mice may  not be useful. How can i check my
PK> mouse without mouse pointer.

By using a movie that shows the mouse position or by blindly trying to
catch some button.

PK> How i can include a touch screen support?

It is provided by the Kernel which emulates a PS/2 mouse.

PK> Gnash plays swf files so slowly on my pxa-255 board(200MHz).
PK> What could be the reason for this?

What do you demand from a 200 MHz CPU??

Udo