Re: [Gnash-dev] proprietary player compatibility macros

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] proprietary player compatibility macros
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:10:34 +0200

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 04:44:35PM -0600, Eric Hughes wrote:
> At 04:14 PM 7/24/2007, strk wrote:
> >Implementing multiple emulation modes would also be challenging (emulate
> >this version on
> >this system, that version on that system).
> >Do we really want to go there ?
>
> My opinion is "yes".

> I believe Gnash should serve its programmer-users, rather than requiring
> them to serve it.

I agree on the general principle. What remains to decide is how to
encode such a super-duper-version thing.

Take the TextField with device fonts coloring as an example.
The *same* Adobe player version behaves *differently* on GNU/Linux
(and dunno what other unix flavor) then on Windows.

I started a thread on flashcoders mailing list, I suggest gnash
developers join that list as it's a pretty crowded bunch of flash
coders there..

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.flashcoders.devel/89699
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.flashcoders.devel/