Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on Mac OS X

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:40:41 +0200

Are you building from cvs-HEAD, I am ;)

On 25 Jul, 2007, at 20:01 , Thomas Inskip wrote:

I've been trying to build gnash on Mac OS X 10.4 x86. I saw a posting to the effect that this configuration is not supported because of an endianness detection bug. Has this been resolved?

I am also unable to build it. I've dowloaded and installed the following packages via fink:
        gtk+    1.2.10-50
        gtkglext1        1.0.6-1002
        sdl     1.2.11-2
        sdl-image       1.2.5-1001
        sdl-mixer       1.2.7-12

as well as the following ffmpeg from the ffmpeg web site:
        libavutil version: 49.4.1
        libavcodec version: 51.40.4
        libavformat version: 51.12.1

I had to set the CCFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, and LDFLAGS environment variables to get the build to find some of the files prior to running ./configure (it could not locate some headers such as libintl.h), but it seems to get pretty far along.

After this I got some undefined symbol errors for the ffmpeg libraries. Figured out it was missing declaring the linkage as extern "C" in the header files (do I have an old version of ffmpeg?). But the latest error is as follows: ld: /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a(utils.o) has local relocation entries in non-writable section (__TEXT,__text)

Now, ffmpeg is building static libraries. Is the gnash build expecting dynamic ones? Also, has anyone else gotten this to build? Does it work? If not, how much work does it need? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.